A few years ago, when I was still living in Gomel, I used to make chia seed pudding. And it was disgusting. Really, it was nothing. The chia seeds were from Iherb, good ones, but the milk was regular cow’s milk. I don’t know what it was: maybe it was the proportions, or maybe it was the milk… But after that time I did not want to cook chia seeds anymore. And in France, when I saw the bio seeds, I decided to try again. I took the recipe from the Internet, but substituted organic food (now I try to eat more healthy products) and vegetable milk (I will attach a picture of products below), also changed the proportions and there was a completely different recipe. Mine. And it’s really good. That’s what I’m sharing.
Chia pudding with mango for 4 servings
- Chia seeds – 8 tbsp (that’s about 80-85g).
- Sugar-free almond milk – 300 ml.
- Honey – 2 tbsp.
- Fresh fruit, whatever you like (peaches, kiwi, pineapple, banana, lychee, mango, etc). I love it with mango.
- Maple syrup.
PS. One bag of 250 grams of seeds and a carton of milk is enough for me for exactly 3 times (4 jars each). There is only a little milk left over.
This is one of the easiest recipes you will ever make.
- In a deep container, mix the chia seeds and milk (I have a measuring cup of 500 ml is ideal). Add the honey, stir, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Cut the fruit into small cubes. There shouldn’t be much of it. If you look at my picture, it’s about a quarter of a cup. Sometimes I substitute fresh fruit with canned fruit (but no sugar or additives, and very rarely.) I mostly use mango. It’s unrealistically delicious with it.
- Place the fruit in the prepared container (I have glass yogurt cups, 4 pieces in total). Carefully put there already swollen chia seeds and garnish with maple syrup on top (it adds sweetness). You can add any kind of topping. Topinambour syrup, date syrup, ground pistachios, coconut, etc.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. I usually leave it in overnight. These puddings keep for at least 2 days, I don’t keep them longer than that, I eat them.
I make this pudding almost every day. And I absolutely love it. It is incredibly delicious and healthy. The chia seeds have omega 3, the fruit and honey are clear. Of the relatively unhealthy ones, the maple syrup, which you can do without. I even calculated the cost per cup for the sake of interest. Excluding labor costs – 0,85 €.
P.s Milk can be substituted for coconut milk or any other milk, but the most delicious is almond milk. I like this particular one in the photo, both in composition and taste. It is sugar-free, made in Italy in a factory which is 100% “green electricity. Of course it would be ideal to make my own milk, but at the moment it is too much for me. Although I once made milk out of almonds and it was very tasty.
Chia pudding with mango and cherries
And another option is chia pudding with mango and cherries. The recipe is the same, only in step 3, when the seeds have swollen, you need to add frozen cherries (defrosting them a little beforehand). I do this by eye, I have about half a cup. And you can also add it as a layer, alternating with the mango. It’s really good! You can watch the video recipe here. Keep it and tell me how it tastes. I’d love it!